The clans below have stood out in Sherwood's past and present. These clans have made some sort of impact in Sherwood's history and should be recognized as truly strong clans. There is a short description of why they are on here and a link to their site. More will be added...
- Black Warriors (B.W.): lived for a lengthily amount of time and has put up with numerous amounts of chaos and cruelty from other clans. This clan has also gone through many leaders, making it one of the first dynasties in Sherwood Dungeon (even though dynasties don't hold elections).
- Deo Volente (D.V.) : a non-elite clan that is underrated in their strength. They are an extremely large, and powerful clan that was founded around 2007. It has survived for quite a long time and still remains a force to be reckoned with. D.V is lead by none other than Wolfbane who is also D.V.'s founder.
- Knights of Old (K.O.): considered one of the strongest elite clans in Sherwood Dungeon's history, K.O. has brought up many well-known and powerful fighters over the years (Fate, Cloud, Lubu, Snake, etc)
- Legendary Warriors (L.W.): this is the REAL oldest clan in Sherwood. Even though it has gone through a bit of inactivity... they still had members wearing tags in Ruby server. They are nos recently making a comeback. L.W. has also had many powerful and great players in it (Exile, Sharky, KillJoy, etc).
- Red Indestructible Ferocious Fighters (Riffs): even though technically it's not a clan (it's a type of warrior), Riffs has proven to have housed many famous and powerful Sherwood players in Sherwood's past (Spendorf, Sharky, Lubu, Eternal, etc). Many people struggled to get in just so they could be recognized as a "true warrior" by wearing these special tags.
- Red Warriors (R.W.): was the first successful rebellion in Sherwood Dungeon's history, and stood out as a powerful and primary clan in Sherwood Dungeon's past
- (): one of the most well-known clans from Sherwood Dungeon, () was considered one of the best clans (by many) in Sherwood and somewhat stood as an almost unstoppable force during its time